Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Weekly Update - 23.08.10 - 29.08.10

SWIM

Squad x 2
Non-squad x 1

11.6km

A couple of good sessions this week. Monday's long swim had 7x200m descending and for once I was actually able to descend properly with my last one being the fastest. Although the clock is really quite difficult to see (especially without contacts) but I think most of my times were accurate... Friday was another good set of 16x100's at a brisk pace.

BIKE

Time: 14hrs24
Distance: 349km

This was a good week which ended on very cold and shivery note with the last hour of my Sunday ride being in torrential rain and hail. The first 4 hours were good, the sun even came out and it got quite hot. Then it got a bit cloudy and the rain started, which didn't stop. I had appropriate winter gear on but after about 25mins of rain I was freezing but still about half an hour from home. I got to the point of uncontrollable shivering and somehow manged to get the front door unlocked but couldn't get the key out my hands were so cold. I got into the shower with half my clothes on because it was too hard to get them off, then it took about 10mins in the hot shower followed by sitting in front of the heater with a blanky and hot soup to warm up. Not pleasant. Lucky my wing-man was with me to give me a push up the last hill when my legs stopped working and to keep me entertained while I was too cold to even talk.
Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting to the US and into some hot weather.

The pitfalls of commuting by bike in winter. At least I have somewhere to dry my clothes

RUN

Time: 4hrs41
Distance: 5~8km

Did my last long run of 2hours this week which went well. Wore my new shoes but am still having issues with chaffing so think I am going to have to succumb to socks - eek! Went for a trial sock run on Sunday and it wasn't so bad. At least it will save my feet a bit for the 70.3 race I am potentially doing the week after WI

No comments:

Post a Comment