Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weekly Update - 02.08.10 - 08.08.10

SWIM

Squad x3

~11km

Tried not to do anything too strenuous this week at swimming, leggies were a bit sore on Monday so had a good spa session... We decided to a Friday squad for a change which was a main set of 30x100's. At the Teps when we would do a set like this my lane would be leaving on 1.35 which would start to get a bit difficult for me after 10 or so, at our new squad we were leaving on 1.55!!!! It was so luxurious!! It was good in that I was able to hold a faster pace for each 100m but then I was getting so much rest that I wasn't really being pushed. I guess leaving on a shorter interval is more of a threshold set so not sure what we would call this.

BIKE

Time: ~12hrs15
Distance: ~300km

Only really pootled to work and back during the week (except for Thursday when I did a bit extra but TapTap's hub battery died so I don't know how long or how far).
My long Sunday ride was a bit of a mess with a nasty squally storm which hit after about 2.5hrs of riding in the sun. I got pretty wet and absolutely freezing and ended up riding home to get warm and dry and did the last 1hr on the WT to make up 5hrs. Not really ideal but at least I got it all done, so lets hope we get fine weather for the next 4 Sundays.


Crazy fog during the day out of my window at work. Not so good for riding home in the dark.

RUN

Time: 3hrso4
Distance: ~38km

I didn't run until the Friday after Taupo half to give my leggies a bit of a rest and then when I did do my 20min run my calves tightened up pretty badly. The next day was my 2hrs+ run and by then end of it my calves were so tight I couldn't walk down the stairs. My calves never used to be a problem, its only been since I had my stress fracture that this has happened. They had eased up by Sunday but still weren't great running off the bike.
I also had to run in the rain/mud/puddles on Saturday resulting in some very nasty rubbed off skin on my foot. The dangers of running without socks I guess. I must remember to vas up next time...

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment