Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Big Jo training Oct 17 - Oct 23

SWIM

Only ~10.5km this week - it was my off week from a long swim so I just did squad on Monday and no more - woo hoo! Not sure if doing squad is any good for me but at least it means I can swim for a bit without having to make up my own sets from my limited assortment that Haydn suggested.  I have been going to the gym in an effort to grow some muscles so hopefully my pull will improve and I will swim faster one of these days.

BIKE

Time: 15hrs19
Distance: 405km

Oh my! I figured since my Saturday runs weren't happening I should do a longer Saturday ride so I joined the crew for a double Royport and ended up with 132km.  Then I back it up the next day with a Waitak/Devonport ride of around 110km.  My leggies were pretty sizzled at the end of that.
I have been venturing out with no leg warmers or gloves which is pretty exciting, and I even noticed my tanlines were slightly rejuvenated after last weeks long ride.

RUN

2 x pool runs this week and a few goes on the elliptical thingy.  I am hoping that this coming weekend will be the start of my run comeback and I have had my orthotics recovered in anticipation.
My weight gaining program isn't going so well - I somehow lost half a kg at my Monday morning weigh-in - WTF?! I have spent the last 5 yrs living by the motto of "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and now when I am trying to do the opposite I end up loosing weight!  I have been getting to the gym 2-3 x per week to pump some iron so hopefully it all starts working soon.

IN OTHER EXCITING NEWS

The All Blacks won the World Cup! I am not much of a rugby fan - standing on the sideline as a physio for many years and witnessing firsthand the injuries which happen will do that to you - but NZ has gone rugby mad so I felt obliged to watch the last few games.  But we had a pretty sweet setup at Dr Yung's Corporate Box with a big giant screen and some comfy couches to make it all a bit more bearable.
Practicing using my 'TRY' sign. I only had to use it once

Grim Reaper making muffins and I still lost weight.



No comments:

Post a Comment