Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weekly Update - 30.04.10 - 09.05.10

SWIM

4 x swims
~10.5km

Sadly my secret pool has been discovered by a few too many people and my mid week swim this week was a bit crowded. Luckily we all knew each other and were able to work out a system so there were no collisions but I did start to feel quite seasick with the water sloshing from side to side.
My 3km threshold has been going quite well, 3km used to be quite an effort to do by myself but I'm getting used to it and may even start to think about increasing the distance a little bit (maybe).
Hopefully we will find out this week what the fate of our beloved Teps will be and when we will get it back.

BIKE

Time: 13hrs 15
Distance: 330km
Boyfriends: 1 (you know who you are)

Had a bit of an average TT this week, about 1min slower than last week... It was pretty windy though so I wasn't too disappointed.
Our Sunday ride raged out of control, I had expected it to be between 3 and 3.5hrs but ended up being 4hrs (or 3hr59min59sec as Taptap told me...) which was the longest I had spent on my bike in one go for a very long time. It could have been a bit shorter thanks to some pointless touring of the North Shore but at least it was a nice day(ish). I have given up chocolate for the last month (thanks to my friend Anna Ross) and definitely have noticed when having to chose mid or post-ride fuel/treats. Its actually quite hard to get something non-chocolate from a dairy to keep you going. But I have come this far and only have about another 10 days to go and then I can gorge myself and undo all my good work.


So close...

RUN

Time: 3hrs56
Distance: ~49km

A slightly more successful 5km this week just under 19mins again. Its getting darker and windier so times aren't really going to go down a huge amount plus I will only do it once more before I have to start working in the evenings which will ruin my O'Hagans plans for a while. But maybe I will come back in a few months and whack out a 17.50 first off...
Longest run of 90mins and had a whisper of an ache in the leggie so may drop one run a week to take it to 5 per week so as not to upset anything. I have started doing pilates twice a week which will hopefully make me nice and balanced and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment