Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Big Jo Training June 24 - July 7

SWIM

A bit of excitement at swimming with us being evacuated from the pool 1hr into our session.  Nothing quite as exciting as a code brown which was of course my first thought but actually due to a leaking pump or something.  The excitement was quickly over once we realized that they turned the hot water off so it was cold showers for all on a chilly winter morning.
Actually a bit more excitement now that I think about it - I found a Speedo silicone strap for my goggles - wooo! No more mornings of lifting my goggles up and having the perished strap snap in half and me having to run to reception in my togs to beg for some scissors to cut a fresh piece.  And it was so cheap I even bought a second one to put in the bank.

BIKE

Knocked out 2 weeks of ~12 hours on the bike - BOOM.  Not really seeing an improvement in my riding sadly.  But I have noticed an improvement in my awesomeness with my awesome new paint job on my TT bike - behold:

Deliciousness

The best part
So now I am riding my TT bike 100% and it is great, we even finally got a nice sunny Sunday to do a long ride so let's hope that continues.

RUN

Running is still good! I even bought a new pair of shoes - purple is not really my colour but hopefully purple is fast.
Purple=fast? I hope so

Purple shoes + orthotic top cover too thick = ouch
 I had an awesome run last weekend and was 90 seconds quicker over the same course as the week before, and then backed it up the next week with my second slowest time on that course so I guess I can't be great all the time...
Roast chicken 101

No comments:

Post a Comment