Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Big Jo training Nov 29 - Dec 5

SWIM

Squad x 3
Sea swim x 3
~ 15km

A bit more quality time with my PB and band this week. Although I did learn (after getting yelled out by the whole lane) that I can swim with a band and no PB when I am in my wetsuit.  We have started to do a few squads at the Parnell Baths with Haydn which is always good value. Definitely feel more wasted after a Haydn swim than any other swim.
The Tauranga Tinman Triathlon was on in the weekend and since I was going to be there as a supporter I figured I would offer myself as a swimmer. So I swam a whole 750m (note to self: being a team swimmer is NOT cost effective for $/minute spent racing...), almost missed the start getting carried away watching the individual race, dodged a few jellyfish, came 3rd out of the water (!) and our team was 1st overall. Woohoo.

BIKE

Time: 11hrs51
Distance: 303km

Had a nice 4.5hr ride with my friend Two Piece in the weekend, we had a big 4.5hr chat :) We must do that more often.
Very sad moment after that ride while RooRoo was in the car traveling to Tauranga - somehow my front derailleur lever snapped... I can still use it but its very hard to get into the big ring. Luckily Tauranga is nice and flat so I was still able to go for a bit of a ride on Sunday but its no good for any decent riding. After a few days of hoping it would magically heal itself I have realized that this isn't going to happen and need to get my A into G and organize a new one. Of course they are not very cheap so it is really is quite a sad moment. At least I will then have a spare rear derailleur lever...

Boo hoo
RUN

2 x pool-runs...

Nothing new to report here. I didn't attempt a trot this week, although I had to run around transition to get to my swim start and it didn't hurt so thats a good sign.  So I will try another one minute run next weekend. Fingers crossed.
I have been making a concerted effort to up my calcium intake thanks to my friend and helpful nutritionist Mikki so hopefully my bones are getting nice and strong. My iron stores have dropped yet again (surprise, surprise...) so I am getting the hang of coordinating the calcium and iron since they are not friends, so hopefully its working and I will be super strong boned and full of iron by the time I am back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment