Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Post Ironman Laziness

It's ok people (person?) - I am still alive.

My time since Ironman has been filled with Easter eggs and other bad food, a bit of wine, a new job, a little bit of training and an Olympic distance race.

Here is a pictorial report of the aftermath of Ironman:
Tramp Stamp
                                      
Tramp Stamp race belt chaffing combo

Nasty transponder lines

Pfefferminz.  All gone

Extra special hot chocs
 In terms of training I have basically just been pissing around for a month.  The two weeks post Ironman contained not much at all and the following weeks have contained a bit more but just whatever I have felt like, it has been quite liberating.
I decided a while ago I would quite like to do the age group race following the Auckland ITU race but thought I would pull up after IMNZ.  Since I didn't have any injuries post Ironman (yay!) I thought I would give it a crack just for fun.  I had only been for a handful of runs and figured I should at least do a 10km run the weekend before which seemed to go ok so the deal was sealed.
The race was actually pretty fun - the swim was a bit confusing but the bike was awesome riding through the city (if a little bit technical for a muppet like me...) and the run was good and the correct distance for once.  I rode my Zipps front and back so no power which didn't seem to have any adverse effects except for the momentary panic when I started riding and no power was showing on my Garmin - then I remembered no Powertap - whew.  I will be riding naked at Kona (without power...) so it was good to get a bit of practice in.
No photos of me racing as I was flying solo but this was before the race start
In other news I now have a proper job - wooo! I have regular work hours and get a salary!  Now I feel like a real person.  Only problem is the location but I have slunk my way around it and I am commuting by bike and ferry most days - way better than sitting in a car.  I am going to opposite way to the other commuters so usually have the ferry to myself which is a bit weird but good when I want to close my eyes and have a little nap.
View at the start of my ferry ride

That's all for now!
Mandatory black and white pussy cat photo

No comments:

Post a Comment